[smufl-discuss] Fwd: [smufl-discuss] Re: Glyph Registration and Graphical Metadata

[smufl-discuss] Fwd: [smufl-discuss] Re: Glyph Registration and Graphical Metadata

cecilio
Mark

>. The problem with having 2/3-size clefs as separate codepoints is
that "Unicode does not encode glyphs"; it encodes characters. If it
functions as a G-clef, it's a G-clef regardless of the size or design.
Daniel is right that scaled-down clefs need to be character
alternates.

Perhaps it is just a question of assigning a different character name
to full size clefs and 2/3 size clefs. For instance, we have upper
case A letter and lower case A letter. Both are A letter but they are
two different characters. The same can be done with clefs: for
instance, "Upper G clef" (full size) and "Lower G clef" (2/3 size).
Could this be a solution?

Cecilio Salmeron