[smufl-discuss] Re: Glyph Registration and Graphical Metadata

[smufl-discuss] Re: Glyph Registration and Graphical Metadata

Michael Scott Cuthbert
Agreed, and with what Daniel said.

I favor not being extremists on anything though.  If there is already a grace note glyph defined in Unicode and commonly provided in fonts, let's keep it, but not necessarily add anything additionally to SMuFL to support additional uses.  Similarly with 2/3 size or whatever clefs -- if they're already in common use keep them, but let's not add others.  The TAB clefs seem like a different deal since they are often resized vertically in an elegant (not simply stretched) manner without occupying more horizontal space.

Using different font sizes but keeping the same code points also helps show (for those applications that need it) that semantically these are the same figures at different sizes.