[smufl-discuss] Re: [MusicXML] MusicXML 3.0 symbols missing from SMuFL 0.4

[smufl-discuss] Re: [MusicXML] MusicXML 3.0 symbols missing from SMuFL 0.4

Good, Michael
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for these changes! The dynamics additions will be especially
important for top-quality typography, web-based software, and
MusicXML-SMuFL interaction.

The sharp-sharp symbol is two sharps symbols (similar to the double flat
symbol), as opposed to the x-like symbol for double-sharp. It is part of
an older notation style for double sharps, similar to natural-sharp and
natural-flat. The visual example on the MusicXML site is incorrect here;
this is something we will fix in the future.

So the items still remaining from your list seem to be:

 - sharp-sharp for accidentals and figured bass
 - triple-sharp and triple-flat for accidentals
 - I'm not quite clear about the mordent and inverted mordent elements.
Will then have both short and long versions?

Best regards,

Michael Good
MakeMusic, Inc.

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>