[smufl-discuss] Re: Some ideas (chord names and general bass)

[smufl-discuss] Re: Some ideas (chord names and general bass)

David Webber
From: Emil B.Wojtacki

>> If an SMuFL compliant font already has the whole upper and lower case
>> alphabets, you can make aug and maj etc out of them, and the only extra
>> things needed are circle, circle with stroke, and triangle.

> If these are provided, then only two additional codepoints would be
> required:
>- begin of next horizontal line, and
>- end of stacking mode.

So you're thinking of outputting an entire chord symbol, with numbers on the
right stacked above each other, with a single operation,as in the Windows
API

::TextOutW( L"<characters-representing-entire-chord-symbol>"  );

Is that it?   If so, it's an excellent objective.

I must admit that my musical penchant is for the 1920s and 1930s where C7b5
is probably as complicated as it gets, and in this case it is quite
normal/acceptable to write the characters 'in line'.   If you want assorted
alterations on the right above one another, shouldn't they be written with
slightly smaller digits?

Dave

David Webber
Mozart Music Software
http://www.mozart.co.uk/

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>