[smufl-discuss] Re: Some ideas

T.J. Usiyan
Hello Joe,

While I agree that the issue is too large to completely embody in font
I think that providing a means to supply and describe chord symbol
components allows both application and font developers with the most
flexibility. If we attempt nothing in this area we provide the font
creator no guidance at all which I think is a mistake. Establishing a
metadata key and range of available points  still allows application
developers to ignore that information if present while also allowing
the font to provide 'pretty' forms of symbols.

TJ