[smufl-discuss] Re: Some ideas

David Webber
From: Joseph Berkovitz

> Sorry, there's a misunderstanding…
>...What I am eager to avoid is attempts to build geometric relationships
>between chord symbol glyphs into the standard via ligatures or other font
>skulduggery. Those relationships are hard to codify.

In that case I think we're on the same wavelength.

My own experience is that so many people have different weird and wonderful
ways they think code symbols should be shown, that you'd almost certainly
not include the way everyone wants to draw things in such 'skulduggery'.  I
have my own preferences, including that anyone who uses '-' for minor chords
should be shot, but that stems not from any erudite theoretical arguments
but from playing sax in big bands with gradually worsening eyesight :-)

Dave

David Webber
Mozart Music Software
http://www.mozart.co.uk/

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>