[smufl-discuss] Re: Tuplets in SMuFL Text

[smufl-discuss] Re: Tuplets in SMuFL Text

Knut Nergaard
Mark wrote:

I disagree with this one point. I find them harder to read when they align (as they do by default in Sibelius). Even a quarter space is enough to clarify it, but I prefer a half space.
MJ

Alignment seems to be the convention according to both Ross and Gould.

In any case, my point was made just to make sure the brackets are evenly spaced in relation to the other characters in a tuplet. In bravura, the left and right brackets are unevenly kerned. The left bracket is (almost) aligned with the stem, while the right is about 1/2 a space to the right of the stem.

Knut