[smufl-discuss] Re: [smufl-discuss]

cecilio
Florian,

> But there are no lower case clefs, so that won’t be a solution.

It is just a name. The point is to consider clef and clef change
symbols as different conceptual entities. As they are totally
different, they have a different name (whatever, it doesn't matter,):
"Upper G clef"a and "Lower G clef", or "Big G clef"  and "Smal G
clef", or perhaps something more appropriate such as "G clef" and "G
clef change".

And as both are different conceptual entities both have their own
glyph. It is just "a concidence" that the glyph for one is a smaller
version of the glyph for the other one. It is just like the glyphs for
number zero and letter O. It is just "a coincidence" that both are
represented by a circle, but as they are different conceptual
entities, both "have the right" to have character name and glyph (code
point).

So my point is: stop considering clef and clef change as the same
concept, thus forcing to share the same codepoint. They are different
concepts and so they deserve the right to have different codepoints.

Regrads,
Cecilio